- Creating a Callout View so that a live portion of your Revit model can serve as a back-drop for your detail
- Importing or linking an existing AutoCAD detail into a Revit Drafting View
- Creating a new Revit detail from scratch in a Drafting View
We wouldn't recycle details created from Callout Views because they are dependent upon the specific portion of the current model that is used as a background. However, we can certainly reuse details created in Drafting Views from imported AutoCAD objects and Revit objects.
How to Recycle Details Stored in other Projects:
- Set the project current where you would like to add an existing detail from another project.
- Navigate to the Ribbon’s Insert tab > Insert from File > Insert Views from File.
- Browse to and select the Revit file that holds the Drafting View(s) you wish to import into the current project.
- Pick the Open button at the bottom-right of the dialog.
- In the resulting dialog, pick a Drafting View off the list in the left pane to preview it in the right pane (provided the Preview selection option is checked in the bottom left-hand corner of the dialog).
- Pick the OK button to complete the process.